While we cannot control the weather, death or another’s thoughts, much as we might like to, we would do well to pay attention to the areas in our life that we can actually do something about. (See Monday’s blog post for the first five)
6. Our friends. Those we associate with say a lot about what we think about ourselves. We can choose to have friends who support us or who bring us down.
7. Our input. We can select our sources of news, turn off televisions and/or ignore advertising.
8. Our time. Though it sometimes feels like we have no choice, we do choose every day how we will use the 24 hours a day gives us.
9. Our basic health. While we cannot control our genetic make-up, we can choose to exercise, sleep enough, eat healthy food, get routine check-ups, etc.
10. Our legacy. All that we choose while alive—our actions, words, etc.—will become the gift we leave when we die.
Author’s content used under license, © 2008 Claire Communications