I invite you to take time to celebrate your successes in changing your perspectives and in reconnecting to your naturally authentic creative self. I also invite you to consider what is possible for. What have you not dared to speak or dream about? Is there something that you have always thought about but never had the time or courage to do? Now is the time to take the plunge and just do it. But how?
Take time for reflection and start anew with your way of being in the world. So many of us tend to live on auto-pilot, acting out of habit and remaining mentally asleep. We just keep doing the same routine over and over because we are too busy, too tired, out of courage or just plain stuck and don’t know how to start living a life that is more alive.
Do you find yourself asking: Who am I? What am I doing? Where am I going? Is living a different kind of life something you yearn for? I know the feeling that creeps in when a part of you wants to find the deepest side of yourself and another part is scared to death of what you might discover. If you are finally ready for a change, to embark on a journey of self discovery, this feeling can be silenced. To start, consider these questions. They are meant to guide you in shaping what is possible for you.
* What would it take to stay focused on the abundance in your life?
* How many unfinished projects do you have? What keeps you so scattered or how does being scattered serve you?
* Do you think or analyze too much to the point of paralysis, so that you spin your wheels and never really move forward?
* Do your gremlin voices (negative voices in the head) feel disparaged thinking been-there-done- that with no clarity ever coming of what you have engaged in?
* Do you feel like you do not have any passion or energy for anything?
* Would you like your life to be simpler?
* Would you like to wake up and feel energized?
* Are you afraid of stepping outside of your comfort zone?
* Do you know what your talents and strengths are?
* Do you live a life that leverages your strengths?
* Would you like to feel a sense of meaning and purpose in everything you do?
* Would you like to discover and claim your unique purpose?
* Would you like to know how to become a more authentic expression of your purpose?
* Would you like to know that you are making a difference in the world?
* Would you like to wake up and feel happy and fulfilled?
* Can you imagine having clarity – every day – that you are doing what you know you were meant to do?
* How do you remove obstacles, fears, and beliefs that get in your way and prevent you from living your purpose?
I believe that we all have a reason for being, that our very existence has a purpose. When we know our purpose, along with our values and strengths, we have created the compass that guides us in how we think and make our decisions. When you know your purpose, you live as your best self and lead the most rewarding kind of life. Knowing purpose makes it easy to live authentically and consistently, because it frees us from doing what is expected of us or the cycle of repeating old familiar habits as we search for that “right” answer. Being in alignment with our true self and purpose, we can choose to act according to our values and find internal peace.
But this doesn’t happen by magic. The above questions are a great place to start. In order for you to live this kind of life, you must take yourself and your desires seriously, devoting time and resources to making changes that will allow you to be more fulfilled and aligned in your life. People who are living fulfilled, purposeful lives are intentional about how they behave every day and how they are in relationship to others.
You do not have to do this journey alone. A life coach can assist you, by guiding you through the process of self-discovery, and serving as the caring, supportive, objective ear that we all seek. I would like to leave you with this quote from Sharon Daloz Parks, from the Whidbey Institute: “There is a possibility created in all of us that can only come through you ~ it is lost if you do not answer the call.” Muster up the courage to become clear about your life purpose and answer your call. The world needs you – and you deserve it.