Yes, we’re thankful for our health, our safety, our loved ones. But what else? Pause and think about what we take for granted? What moves us? What would fill our hearts daily if we would pause for a moment and just notice it?
Yesterday, I listed the first five. Here are 5 more.
6. Young children. They model for us innocence, faith, resilience, playfulness and unconditional love.
7. Music. What inspires you, lifts your mood? Rock & roll, African drumming, violin concertos, Turkish ud, gospel? A nightingale?
8. The ability to give. Every act of love benefits the giver as much as the receiver.
9. Color. Sunsets, Gauguin paintings, green peppers, blue eyes. Imagine a world without color….
10. Change. It’s unavoidable; the only constant. Change can be unsettling or challenging. But the mystery of it and what lies beyond it can keep us young at heart.